Sunday, May 4, 2008

Let's Talk About Sex Ladies

I have had the pleasure of following this awesome blog from afar for too long. It is now time for me to pony-up and let the world know that I am sick of the analytical, sobby dicussions of what a let down men are. Of course they are a let down. I mean let's be realistic: we are born and bred for complexity and they are, well, not. Yet, I think that this discussion about relationships has been missing a crucial aspect: sex. I find myself recently single and have been suffering through not one, not two, but three sexless months. Good vibrations, aluded to last week by the goddess of love and beauty, has not been enough for this lustful lady. I am experiencing something strange that men just do not understand: I'm a woman who really really just wants to get laid.

My requirements are few: no oldies, no creepies and no STDs. Most breathing, capable men will do the trick. Now, here is where we, as ladies, really need to talk about SEX. Men I have vented to about my frustrations seem to think that it is a little odd, in fact, wrong that a woman should be lacking a sexual partner. In their strange concept of the world, women should be able to walk outside their door and approach the first man who walks by with a simple, "Excuse me, do you have a second for a quickie?" only to find his eager response at the other end. Sorry guys. As much as this little fantasy might play well in your minds, reality check: does not work. Oh, it works on TV and in movies (especially of the adult variety) but not in real life. In real life, men I really just want to bang, want to talk. They think girls who go for one night stands are whores. They are wary of women who even mention sex, much less make it a responsbility. In all male efforts with cheap lines and lame tricks to get a girl, really if they just kept their mouth shut and let us do the talking they would find themselves getting lucky instead of getting the brush off.

So the issue really isnt men here. They are, well, thick. They are thick about women when it comes to sex. WE need to change the way WE talk about it. I mean come ON, why do we act like girls who want it are whores? Why do we giggle uncomfortably when women talk about wanting to get laid? banged? We act like women who want sex, will end up getting screwed. Like we really are the emotional train-wrecks men picture us as. We will inevitably have sex with them and turn into some lost puppy who follows them for weeks before it gets the message. We portray this image as much as they embrace it. We aren't candid with each other about sex, we aren't willing to discuss it as freely as we are relationships and feelings. Look at this blog. We are looking at the pain of a breakup, the condusions of single life and somehow we are missing the sex.

So let's talk about sex ladies, let's talk about you and me and let's talk about why in a world full of hormone driven men comprising just under fifty percent of the population we cant get a second for a quickie.

No comments: